Men's Resiliency Mission
Men’s resiliency aims to promote a positive and healthy collegiate experience for male-identified students. We strive to increase mental and physical wellness while encouraging a proactive approach to healthier living. Men’s resiliency challenges cultural male-normative expectations of masculinities with the goal of creating a healthier campus environment for all.
Resiliency is the ability to bounce back through problem solving and the ability to own our decisions. Being self-reliant does not reduce one's ability to be resilient, as long as we can recognize when we need help and we seek the necessary support.
We Offer To
- Promote social and cultural change.
- Encourage identity development by exploring diverse definitions of masculinities.
- Foster positive mentorship and relationships across campus.
- Educate the campus community on the impact of rigid socially constructed gender roles.
- Provide resources and advice on how to stay healthy to prevent violence and self-destructive behaviors